Island View webcam

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
bwd
Developer
Developer

Island View webcam

Post by bwd »

:?: Hey are you guys still using the Island View cam? All it seems to be recording lately is lots of calm water. I might have the chance to move it out to Gordons Beach for the summer unless there are some people who think it should be left at Isl View (I could use a different camera at Gordons). I know the windsurfing days at Isl View are pretty much done until Oct, but there still might be some good kiting days??

Also thanks to Grant for all the work and having to listen to me whine about the camera glare, camera angle etc, etc. And thanks to the great sponsor Bosuns Locker - be sure and visit their website and buy lots of stuff!!
30knots

Post by 30knots »

Hi, I'm still getting the hang of this. I would prefer the camera to remain at IV if possible, but obviously will defer to Gordans if need be.
Fly hard, jump high!
kitesurfer

Post by kitesurfer »

Reply to : bigwavedave

still using it... waiting for the summer kiting winds that are supposed to come up around noon until 2 or 3... if it gets capping there's enough wind to kite for a couple of hours before heading down to wait with the crowd at dallas...

thanks for all your good work!
JL

Re: Island View webcam

Post by JL »

bigwavedave wrote::?: Hey are you guys still using the Island View cam?
Dave: please keep the Island View cam...I think it is our best site for learning to kite, with good early wind's just before the westerly's kick in...It can be good on those foggy days as well. thank's... jim