Search found 206 matches

by AJSpencer
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:02 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Night rides with LEDs
Replies: 8
Views: 2475

Re: Night rides with LEDs

Awesome, great advice. I too am a non-swimmer so will PFD-up if I get a dry suit.
Thanks guys.
by AJSpencer
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:27 am

Just remembered Kus' mention of using a windbreaker over wetsuit when really cold. Actually that sounds like a better idea. Much more affordable, less maintenance, and safer. Will try that soon.
by AJSpencer
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:06 am

Not specific to night-riding, but didn't want to start a new topic -- what are thoughts on drysuits for wingfoiling? I've never used one. I understand they're not easy to swim in, not buoyant, and if a seal leaks and you're in the water they're dangerous for quickly losing heat. Being that we're tet...
by AJSpencer
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:53 pm
Topic: Foils for Wingfoiling
Replies: 21
Views: 8785

Re: Foils for Wingfoiling

Anyone know of a Canadian supplier of Axis parts? Kitesource.ca is but is sold out on most things except complete sets. He said he’s open for doing monthly orders for people, but wouldn’t be the fastest service. And also he expects more Axis inventory in Spring. Had to order new rear foil (400 progr...
by AJSpencer
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Cormorant Point in SE?
Replies: 5
Views: 1302

Re: Cormorant Point in SE?

stairs
by AJSpencer
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:18 pm

Well, if it wasn’t for the big staircase and ~50m walk from the parking area, I’d say this spot is pretty ideal in the SE. Like Ross Bay in a W, this spot is almost too protected from the SE with little squirrelly puffs coming over, but totally flat inside of the rocks. Lee shore up to Cormorant Pt ...
by AJSpencer
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:37 am

No, couldn’t see any accesses there, too “cliffy” and “privatey”. Where the red icon is, stairs there to that bay. The rocks to the East and North facing beach maybe enough to block waves? Anyways, I’ll be working too late to get out today but plan to drive there when the SE is in full swing so will...
by AJSpencer
Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:37 pm

Cormorant Point in SE?

Anyone tried launching from Margaret Bay just East of Mt Doug beach and Cormorant Point? It has a nice set of rocks on the East side and kind of looks like it might be a natural breakwater with a beam reach in and out of that little bay. Wouldn’t be more than a few seconds before you’re out clear of...
by AJSpencer
Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Night rides with LEDs

What are thoughts on unlocking Winter evening sessions via battery-powered LED waterproof/submersible lights? Inspired by Tituan’s Hong Kong lighted board and wing, I’m thinking at the very least some of those waterproof LED (super bright) headlamps on head and maybe harness. But could go a step fur...
by AJSpencer
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:03 pm
Topic: Who's riding out at Pat Bay in Sidney? I'm wondering on wing size for the summer?
Replies: 3
Views: 1697

Re: Who's riding out at Pat Bay in Sidney? I'm wondering on wing size for the summer?

Hey Smoke, Its a tough call for Pat Bay. A lot of the time when there’s a big 30+ Westerly in Vic/Sooke but its only forecasted as 10-15knots West at Pat Bay, the Westerly can come through anyways and get 25 knots or so in Pat Bay. So usually if Pat Bay is forecasted for any Westerly and its a good ...
by AJSpencer
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:09 pm
Topic: WingFoil Videos
Replies: 32
Views: 12584

Re: WingFoil Videos

Foiling in 7 knots flat water with 6m wing. Lake Pupuke, Takapuna, NZ.
by AJSpencer
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:11 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Overseas — pack wingfoil gear or rent local?
Replies: 2
Views: 743

Re: Overseas — pack wingfoil gear or rent local?

Thanks. Contacted Auckland Boardsports and he pointed me to Kiwi Foil Froth on Facebook. Asked for a BWD-style map of locations/info and they have a new website: foilpro.co.nz which is exactly what I was looking for. Stoked!
by AJSpencer
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:43 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Overseas — pack wingfoil gear or rent local?
Replies: 2
Views: 743

Overseas — pack wingfoil gear or rent local?

Might be going to NZ in a couple month for work and if so will situate myself nearest the best wingfoiling spots. I don’t do a lot of travel but the few times I have, no issue with losing luggage or anything. To you more frequent flyers: is it worth bringing your whole set-up on trips or better just...
by AJSpencer
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:22 am
Topic: Dip Start
Replies: 7
Views: 1950

Re: Dip Start

Ya my Frankenstein-level flexibility gets in the way. Maybe instead of having beers after RBFC, we can all do yoga on the concrete path there. Right guys? Guys...?
by AJSpencer
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:18 pm
Topic: ISO source of M6 Torx screws
Views: 2031

Re: ISO source of M6 Torx screws

Hillside and Rock Bay (in Victoria): FastenerForce One Resources
I got some SS torx there and they seem to have a big inventory. No titanium though, but sounds like SS is good enough.
https://www.fastenerforce.ca/contact/
Contact email and location address on that page.