Search found 422 matches

by abetanzo
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:44 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Willows Web Cam
Replies: 13
Views: 8963

I've spoken with the Oak Bay Marina office manager a few years ago now and they were keen on getting a webcam...

has there been any interest in following up there?

are we still trying to convince one of the millionares to provide a cam location?

tis the season to start looking at that cam
by abetanzo
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Winter Sailing - ARE WE PREPARED??
Replies: 52
Views: 32896

thought today was a good day to bring this topic up again.. for all those Kooks riding at Cook St lately... these storms can be way over your head and a good sailor always assesses their skills and the conditions they'll be riding in from the beach before riding! hope to get an Island View session s...
by abetanzo
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Winter kite trip
Replies: 10
Views: 5291

Baja... Nov to Mar ish?

Elevation is setup there at Baja Joe's

check out Air B&B's etc

I've never been myself
by abetanzo
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:11 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: is Nitinaht going to work this week....?
Replies: 9
Views: 7435

this September long weekend looks hot!! but it could potentially be too hot for the lake.. although during typical outflow conditions the lake still seems to blow when the JDF is easterly.

any thought on this weekend??? Randy seems to have taken the summer off!

JL?
by abetanzo
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:19 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 121585

not mine but very similar! great for the lake! good price!

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... r_29700718
by abetanzo
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 am
Topic: Nitinat heat wave
Replies: 11
Views: 5646

any further predictions out there?? Randy hasn't posted in over a month... the weather network predicts really hot inland but only 20s feeling like 24s in Tofino... upper 30s in Port Alberni I'd like to think it'll blow with a westerly inflow in the afternoon.. so morning outflow turning to inflow l...
by abetanzo
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am
Topic: Wetsuit recommendations?
Replies: 14
Views: 7116

you could get away with a 3/2 at the lake in mid season.. but in spring the lake is cold

Sports Rent is good to check out
by abetanzo
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147957

Wind shut down at Cook St last night and very quickly... by the time it took for me to notice the beacon hill flag flapping and Reece's kite pumping inshore I tacked in and the kite dropped like a rock. In these conditions you gotta realize you're F'd up sooner than later, head for the beach and kee...
by abetanzo
Tue May 30, 2017 8:37 am
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Nitinat Road Reports 2017
Replies: 22
Views: 15441

I'm not the only one traveling with a family along this road and if people want to travel and arrive alive people need to slow down on this road.. sure its graded and its a nice drive but its not your own personal highway. the road prior is 100km/hr and is designed for safe travel at that speed.. a ...
by abetanzo
Mon May 29, 2017 1:23 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Nitinat Road Reports 2017
Replies: 22
Views: 15441

SLOW DOWN!!

some sections are only 30km/hr.. there's no reason to be driving up to 90km/hr!!

give your head a shake ...
by abetanzo
Tue May 23, 2017 3:14 pm
Topic: Landing Kites at Cook St.
Views: 7325

so the truth be told.. it was booboo that injured winddoc!

#KOOK
by abetanzo
Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 am

^^^ from kite safety thread I imagine what happen to winddoc is that he was ready to catch the kite before it drove up the window.. fully powered up driving up the window.. wait for the kite to decelerate with you as you slow down on approach then completely stop and it should stall out just as the ...
by abetanzo
Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am

Landing a kite at Cook St is a problem for most in good conditions, but add the squirrely WNW winds and its really difficult.. one tip is to ride in with your kite very low in the window ie 7-8o'clock... while you approach and have tapped your head with a lander ready... slow down when you see your ...
by abetanzo
Wed May 10, 2017 9:53 pm
Topic: Exostosis PSA
Replies: 17
Views: 5421

I love having music on the water but figure iPod ear bud setup isn't good.. Obviously concerned about surfers ear but wish they could make a custom set with music!
by abetanzo
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147957

Landing a kite at Cook St is a problem for most in good conditions, but add the squirrely WNW winds and its really difficult.. one tip is to ride in with your kite very low in the window ie 7-8o'clock... while you approach and have tapped your head with a lander ready... slow down when you see your ...