Search found 27 matches

by Iggy
Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny's First Annual Remembrance Night!
Replies: 10
Views: 3971

Johnnys first annual remembrance night

Thanks Grant, see you there, I've got another candle lantern to launch weather permitting.
by Iggy
Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:35 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: WANTED - WINDSURF INSTRUCTION
Replies: 31
Views: 9032

A simple request for windsurfing instruction morfs into an exploration of perverted park pastimes...we're all doomed!
by Iggy
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks Gwind, drop by my windsurfing museum sometime!
by Iggy
Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Balls, I say give him the old stuff, make him sweat it out & when he can handle the CH in 15+ knots & no harness he (she's) ready for some technology....there must be an old 99 hiding somewhere! :lol: :lol:
by Iggy
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:28 pm

What you seem to be missing is this gentleman already owns a Curtis Hawk which in spite of its age is a perfect board to learn on. Modern high tech rigs have very little feel and no visual input in light learner winds. I regularily blow by modern Star Boards on my antiquated Mistral Superlight! :lol:
by Iggy
Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 am

Windsurfing Lesson

If you're traveling to Victoria I'd be happy to give you a lesson in a warm fresh water lake! Guaranteed results. :lol:
by Iggy
Fri May 16, 2008 8:20 am
Topic: Johnny's Last Blast New Location CLOVER POINT
Replies: 12
Views: 3943

Johnny's Last Blast

Special thanks to Don McCauley of AFA Fireworks who donated hours of time & several trips down from Nanimo to plan and stage this event.
He charged a nominal $75. for fuel.
You can reach him at
by Iggy
Thu May 15, 2008 10:19 am

Johnny's Last Blast

Hi all.
I would think arrival time around 9:00 P.M. tonight will work, come earlier if you want to hang out, we expect to launch approximately 9:45/10:00 P.M.
Should be good parking right on the Clover Point.
by Iggy
Fri May 09, 2008 2:31 pm

Johnny's Last Blast New Location CLOVER POINT

City of Victoria has indicated we are to use CLOVER POINT, sorry for the confusion, just found out.
We are closing it to the public during the ceremony.
Launch time will be just after dusk.
See you all there!!
by Iggy
Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 am

Johnny's Last Blast Date: May 15th.

We're expecting to spread John's ashes over the waters off Finlayson Point the evening of May 15th, (Thursday). We'll have the area around the green gazebo roped off for our use. There will be ceremonial fireworks at dusk. Please keep the evening of May 15th free as it will be our last chance to giv...
by Iggy
Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:02 pm
Topic: Johnny Read's last blast - The Big Bang
Replies: 72
Views: 23193

Johnny Read's Last Blast

I'm scheduling a May 15th. ( Thursday) launch for John's last blast.
I'll pick up the jar from Parks later today & report total.
by Iggy
Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Johnny's last Blast

Thanks for the feedback cuz. We're ditching the whole bigger is better idea and the 10" shell, as it turns out new saftey regulations require a 620' no spectator zone with "oversized" shells so Finlayson Pt. wouldn't work anyway. The original plan will be perfect & the Graham Norr...
by Iggy
Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Johnny's last blast

As of today (25th) there's $15 in the jar at parks. I'm still hoping for a 10" shell for the finally but because of Canada Customs regulations they are difficult to import & our tech cannot get one from his suppliers. I found a company in Calgary that have indicated they can supply one, sti...
by Iggy
Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:03 pm

Johnny's last blast

We are tentatively looking at a May date. I'll pick a day, likely a Saturday and schedule a rain date if weather sucks. The pyro needs to order his gear before the end of April, he has another order coming at that time so no freight charges for us. The city guys are funding John's memorial bench so ...
by Iggy
Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Johnny Read's Last Blast

BWD- Cash would be best. You can mail it to me ( Bruce ) at 107 Cook St. V8V 3W8 For those working during the day I live across the street from park headquarters at 107 Cook... you can put it in my mailbox on a weekend if that works better. Best to call first so I don't miss it. 885-8487 The money j...