Count on 20$ from me too!
by windwoman
Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:01 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Travel Trivia
Replies: 26
Views: 5239

Cabo San Lucas

Hi Mike...... I spent a couple of days in Cabo five years ago while getting ready for a kayaking expedition. It was on the brink of a huge transformation at that time. The older parts of the town were being overshadowed by mega development as was the rest of the coast from San Jose to Cabo .... the ...
by windwoman
Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:51 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD Site Fundraiser: KA Sails Auction
Replies: 52
Views: 14206

Dave if you are in town I will drop off a check in the usual spot. Thanks for the great opportunity Kus ....
by windwoman
Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:29 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tahsis
Replies: 6
Views: 2024

Ever since the three sawmills that generated the town's economy shut down the people of Tahsis have been desperately brainstorming ideas to bolster up this once busy, economic rich community. With the absence of any new industry the population has fallen from 1200 to about 300. The school which ran ...
by windwoman
Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:03 pm
Topic: Tahsis
Replies: 6
Views: 2024

Sailing in Tahsis Inlet

Hi Jon and Michelle. I spent four years living on Tahsis Inlet and have dingy sailed there ..... this was before I discovered windsurfing.... The wind in the inlet is fairly predictable during the summer months with strong thermals in the afternoon. I remember it being fairly gusty where I sailed at...
by windwoman
Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 am
Topic: Vic's Nitinat memorial
Replies: 13
Views: 5392

Windy conditions Saturday evening prevented the original plan of a paddle out in Vic's honor from happening so it seemed like a suitable alternative for the over one hundred friends and family to gather in a huge circle around Vic's favorite spot on the beach to share memories and give a toast to Vi...
by windwoman
Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:20 am
Topic: A week in the Gorge - Kus' Diary
Replies: 5
Views: 1340

Great summary of your trip...... useful and entertaining as usual. Thanks! I guess finding a camping spot closer to the Gorge is unrealistic this time of year. What about reservations? Curious as I'm considering a trip in August.
by windwoman
Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:17 pm
Topic: From Vic's Daughter
Replies: 9
Views: 3461

I will always have a strong visual image of Vic's windworn, sunbleached green chair planted firmly in his favorite spot on the beach. Vic is leaning back asleep after his one or two runs across the lake. It's a picture of complete contentment. Vic was a man filled with a passion and love for life th...
by windwoman
Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:25 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: 3rd Annual New Years Day Sail and Sip
Replies: 14
Views: 4445

Windwoman

We'll load up the Chiliwagon for Monday and hope for at least a little wind!
Be great to see everyone even if it's for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. If the forecast changes ...... we're flexible to any location. See you there!!!
by windwoman
Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:29 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: 3rd Annual New Years Day Sail and Sip
Replies: 14
Views: 4445

It was a lot of fun last year and I'd be happy to do the same this New Years. So..... the ChiliWagon will be there ......wherever that turns out to be. It would be nice if we could all coordinate at one spot this year. We had about thirty people turn up at Willows for the '06 event and quite a few b...
by windwoman
Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:19 pm
Topic: Cold Hands?
Replies: 31
Views: 6464

AirTime has a few pairs of XL Dakine Cold Water Mitts left (604-734-9463) and unfortunately the rumor is true.....they have been discontinued by Dakine. So.....if you want some phone before Friday when they are closing shop and heading to Maui! Thanks for the great response on this subject everyone!...
by windwoman
Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:25 pm
Topic: Weather at Nitinat?
Replies: 2
Views: 1061

Hey Barb.....I'm pretty sure you'd get some sailing on your big stuff today and Saturday. Not sure about Sunday but I'm going to take a chance. I have a couple of kayaks if wind is not enough and it's a great place to read a book! We'll be there....hope to see you. By the way, the road is full of po...
by windwoman
Tue May 16, 2006 8:56 am
Topic: Nitinaht Campsite
Replies: 31
Views: 7853

The camping fee is 10$/night. Haven't heard anything about a season's pass but there was a meeting scheduled for Monday night perhaps this was discussed.
There are a few more roughed in sites with a gravel base, toilets were clean and the lake was wonderful! Great weekend.
by windwoman
Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:54 am
Forum: News
Topic: New Webcam at Willow's Beach
Replies: 18
Views: 5829

Wow.....that's great! Thanks to all involved!! Now it's going to be a lot easier to make the decision whether to drive across town or not.
This seems like an excellent time to make another donation.......if you're home today BWD I'll drop it off.
by windwoman
Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:17 pm
Topic: Fun with Sea Lions?? R they really not our friends?
Replies: 13
Views: 2992

Thanks Sasha..... That happened a year ago and my arm is fully recovered. I was really glad the board didn't hit the back of my neck! I just heard a report on shark attacks in California. There has been 7 confirmed attacks on kayakers by great white sharks. There goes my theory on feeling relatively...